Ananda Gaorii Yoga Retreat and Organic Farm
Our vision at Ananda Gaorii is to provide experiences, training and information in the areas of yoga and meditation, community formation and leadership, personal development, health and healing, and sustainable and self-reliant living. We would also like to be a space where members of the wider community can come and enjoy music, entertainment and other social functions and meet to discuss means of cooperation for the well-being and progress of the area.
Our main project is a seminar facility which combines indoor and outdoor accommodation and teaching space for up to 200 people (in the summer months). Presently, we use it to hold courses and trainings covering yoga, meditation, personal development, healthy lifestyle, alternative economy, permaculture, ecovillage design and alternative energy. We would like to steadily expand our programs and facilities with the aim of establishing a sustainable studies institute that conducts research and offers accredited certificates, diplomas and degrees. Further plans include:
- Providing facilities for short and long term visitors who might come to attend a seminar, seek some hours, days or weeks of peace and quiet, or stay for longer periods to undergo various types of training and/or work on the farm and other projects.
- Establishing an ecovillage so that people who plan on long term involvement with Ananda Gaorii can rent or build eco-friendly housing and be part of a supportive community.
- Small teaching farm to demonstrate permaculture and other sustainable techniques (as well as supply products for residents, the bakery and the public),
- Alternative energy research and teaching center
- Healing center
- Pre, Primary and Secondary School Education
- Various cottage industries such as the bakery (already established), a pottery, a bicycle repair shop, jam, candle and soap making etc.
- Commercial Kitchen supplying healthy meals to schools, etc.
- Information Center